Hi there, bloggers! I got nominated for the Liebster Award by the absolutely amazing blogger sophiethestark (blameitonchocolate), and it’s a pleasure to be able to do it, so thank you for that 🙂 Check out her page above, for awesome book reviews, tags and more!
Let’s start with the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
- Nominate 11 people and give them 11 different questions to answer.
Nice and simple, right? On to the questions:
1. What is your favorite art movement? (Impressionism, surrealism…)
I admit I’m not that up-to-date with art movements, but after a brief Google search (I’m a cheater, I know) I’ve decided that impressionism is definitely my favourite. I particularly love the specific blending of colours used to paint nature settings.
2. What was the weirdest thing a stranger ever told you?
Oh gosh, there are plenty of things I’ve been told that I can’t remember! I’ll just go for one that occurs the most frequently (even though it’s not that weird, sorry): I’m always stopped by people who just can’t place my nationality, or my accent (which is all over the place), so they ask me if I’m (insert nationality here), or if I come from (insert country here). It’s innocent enough, except that some of the places people have named are so far off from my home country that I often stop and think “do I really look like I’m from there?!” (though not in a bad way!)
3. Do you get motion sick while reading in the car/bus/train?
No, never. I’m quite grateful for that; I have the attention span of a squirrel and I like to keep myself occupied, so if I wasn’t able to focus on a novel or writing on my phone/tablet, I think I’d be miserable.
4. The best advice someone has ever given you?
Again, there is probably lots of of advice that I simply can’t remember, but I’ll go with the most important one for me: my mother and various teachers always told me to keep reading because they knew I had the potential to be a great writer one day. Years later, I’m a huge book lover, I love writing and I’d love to do something in future that involves books, be it editing or writing. I’ll always be grateful.
5. What time of the day are you most productive?
I’d have to say very late evening/night time; after I spend all day running around between work and college, I find that I can settle down and get work done when it’s quiet and I’ve had a rest. That, and I’m basically a vampire who never sleeps so it’s natural that I only get work done so late. 🙂
6. Would you rather be a villain or a hero in a story, and why?
I think I’d rather be a hero, because I love the idea of being someone people look up to. Also, I’m rather biased because I’ve grown up loving the “happily ever after” stories and superhero movies where you commonly root for the hero. Sorry villain lovers!
7. If you were a type of candy/snack, which one would you be?
This question had me thinking long and hard- even harder than I think about some of my assignments, methinks (it’s super important!) I believe I would be spicy crisps (just picture whatever brand of crisps that are really spicy, like Doritos or Flamin’ Hot Cheetos) because I’m adventurous and unpredictable, and I like it when life is exciting. Too deep? Probably. I honestly just like spicy food 🙂
8. Pirates or ninjas, and why?
Ninjas, definitely. They’re agile, silent, deadly and just badass in general.
9. What was your favorite thing to do when you were a kid?
Two things: watch Disney movies (particularly the Princess ones, because of *sigh* my name) and make up awesome games to play with my siblings. We did some crazy shiz, let me tell you.
10. Favorite and least favorite tropes in literature/cinematography/etc?
I have so many! For books, I love the bad boy trope, even though it’s done to death. You know, the sexy bad boy with a serious past? Yup. I also love love-hate relationships, because they’re fun as hell. My least favourite is the goddamn love triangle. Just thinking about it gives me the shivers. I also hate poor world-building; if it’s rushed, confusing or lacklustre, I’m not happy. I’m afraid I haven’t really got any cinematography tropes in mind though. 🙂
11. If you could change a single thing happening in the world right now, what would it be?
There are plenty of things I’d change, but I’ll go with the obvious: Trump’s policies (and their implications). I’m not American, but I don’t like the way his actions are spreading greater discourse and racism (which are universal human issues) around the States and abroad, particularly towards Muslim people who have done nothing wrong. I’m sorry if you are a Trump supporter, that’s just how I feel.
And that’s it! I had a great time answering those, and I hope the people I nominate do too (no pressure to take part if you don’t want to!)
- Let’s start with an easy one: night owl or early bird?
- If you could visit one fictional land/world, which would it be and why? (e.g. Narnia, Wonderland, etc)
- What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever travelled to?
- If you were president for a day, what one thing would you implement?
- Which song and/or movie reminds you most of your childhood?
- Would you rather be able to only watch movies or listen to music for the rest of your life? (must be one or the other)
- What’s one super interesting fact about you? (hobby, hidden talent, etc.)
- If you had the option to travel to space, would you do it? Why/why not?
- Do you believe in the supernatural/paranormal? If no, why? If yes, any stories?
- What would your ideal day out be a) with friends, and b) by yourself?
- And finally, if you could tell your younger self one thing, what would it be?
I nominate these stunning bloggers:
If you’ve already taken part or don’t really take part in blogger awards, don’t worry, you’re off the hook 🙂