Hi there, lovely bloggers! I was just about to go to bed, because it’s actually 2 a.m. in my little corner of the globe, but I was tagged for this beautiful tag by the equally beautiful blogger Laura @thebookcorps, and I couldn’t stop thinking about it! Instead of leaving it until next week like I planned, I want to do it now because I think it’s a wonderful tag. To avoid getting all sentimental, I’ll just say that finding the little things that lead to happiness is a big part of my life, as I believe that happiness, positivity and laughter are what make life truly wonderful. Okay, cheesy crap over and done with! Anyway, thank you so much Laura for tagging me, everyone go check out Laura’s blog for some amazing bookish content, such as reviews, tags, and much more 🙂
List Five Things That Make You Happy
I know, I know. It’s a bit of an obvious one, given the nature of my blog, but still. Reading has always been a huge part of my life; from the time I was a tiny thing reading with my mom, to arranging my first little bookshelf as a child, to getting my first library card, to now, filling my time blogging about the amazing books I read! #noregrets #shameless
2. Spending time with my family
I’m a huge family gal. There is nowhere I feel safer or happier than at home with my family. Be it just joking around with my siblings, or going on family trips, or our movie + junk food nights, or simply sibling board game night, I always feel most comfortable with the idiots I call my family 😀 😀
Like my books, Christmas has always been a huge part of my life. It ties in to loving being with my family, as well as the general child-like excitement I always get when the lead-up to Christmas comes around. I’m a huge child at heart, so all the cheesy and traditional things about Christmas fill me with joy. 😀
4. Walks with my dog
Just a small thing, really. But I absolutely love walking in the woods on a beautiful, sunny day with my dog Charlie. I love dogs, and I love nature, so taking my silly boy out for walks is such a peaceful event that always leaves me feeling really nice. Or stressed, when he runs off after birds and other dogs and I have to chase him!
5. Trying new things (even if it scares me)
This is a weird one, but a big motto of mine is “try first, worry later.” So, this means I try challenging myself often and I love picking up new hobbies and skills, trying new things, facing my fears and proving that I can, etc. I mean, this last year I joined the circus, fulfilled a childhood dream and started gymnastics, and booked a holiday for my sister and me (I’m not fond of travelling to places by myself). It’s so fulfilling, living life to the fullest. 🙂
List Five Songs That Make You Happy
1. At The Beginning by Richard Marx and Donna Lewis. This is a favourite from a childhood movie I still love, and it has a huge nostalgic value.
2. Accidentally in Love by Counting Crows. I fell in love with this song after hearing it in Shrek 2, and it’s just such a cute, uplifting and romantic song. 🙂
3. Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer. Another sentimental childhood song. I’ve loved this song for years, and it’s perfect to me because I’m a huge romantic at heart.
4. I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) by The Four Tops. Another beautiful, uplifting and romantic song that I love to listen to!
5. Come On Eileen by Dexy’s Midnight Runners. My father loves this song and always played it on our family road trips back in the day. It has a fantastically uplifting beat and is a childhood favourite!
*I’ve noticed all the happy songs I’ve listed are tied to my childhood, and have sentimental value. Huh.
As always, no pressure to take part, and if you’ve already done it, sorry! Also, if this looks like a fun tag and you’d like to do it, go ahead! I tag you, too. Thanks for reading, and I’ll be back next week with some more posts 🙂